Monday, May 3, 2010

Panini Party!










I had my doubts about the Waffle, Sausage, and Cheese Panini. Apricot jam and Vegenaise? Ummm...okay.
I found Tofurky sausages at the Co-op and ended up getting the whole grain Belgium waffles. Skipped on the sun-dried tomatoes when the only jars on the shelf were $8 and the jar was so small! Nope- I figured I would make do and I did!
Cooked up the sausage (smelled real good) and mixed up the sauce. I was so curious as to how the jam and Vegenaise would taste I just had to take a finger dip. Who knew? So good!
Put the sandwich together, per recipe directions, subbing the sun-dried for salsa (drained via spoon on the side of the jar), then got out the trusty George Foreman(see pic) and grilled me up one of the finest vegan sandwiches with a side of sweet potato chips! Mmmm, mmmm!
Concerns pre-recipe:
Waffle sandwich? Never heard of such a thing!
Jam and Vegenaise? How can that be good?
At-Easeness post recipe:
Waffle sandwiches--bring on the experimenting!
The man of the house not only loved the jam and Vegenaise sauce, he went back for the leftovers and smothered it on his sandwiches (yep- he ate more than one!).
Messy, messy, messy but the recipe says that is as it should be!

Anyone else attempted this recipe? I would love to hear about it!
Up Next: Pecan-Crusted Seitan!

No comments:

Post a Comment