Wednesday, May 12, 2010

Pecan-Crusted Seitan...The Finale!


This recipe proved to be the something needed on a rainy, chilly evening such as it was last night.
I finished the recipe and had myself a nice heaping bowl, then discovered that maybe one of the reasons Alicia suggests replacing the "big dead bird" with this dish is due to the fact that it has the same after-effects...full and sleepy!

When I took the seitan (in marinade) out of the fridge it had set up so that the pieces of seitan were not so easy to find. I thought I needed to "dredge" the pieces one by one. Not so.
It would have been easier if I had taken scoops and covered them that way. I ended up doing just that after the first pan batch were finished cooking. I also needed to add more oil to complete the saute-ing process.
Note: I cooked up a batch of pasta with this as well (since it was pictured that way in the book).

My finished product was not quite as pretty as Alicia's, but it was delicious (hence the stuffed, tired version of me on the couch after eating).
The man of the house was delighted as well and made the comment that I had been cooking up some really good dishes lately. He asked if I wrote the ingredients down so I wouldn't forget them! With only moments to debate my response to this flattery, I went the 'good-karma' direction of letting him know the wise one Alicia had beat me to it.

Tonight I made another batch of Chocolate Peanut Butter Cups with the mad plan of taking them for "treat" day at work...all in the efforts to show my world of colleagues that vegan can be delicious!

Next Up: Chorizo Tacos!

No comments:

Post a Comment