Monday, May 10, 2010

Pecan Crusted Seitan...Day One

Lesson Learned- Read the recipe before planning to make.
As I prepped the ingredients for the Seitan recipe I realized I needed to marinate the seitan for three hours (or in my case- overnight).
I made the sauce and as I mixed all these ingredients together (orange juice and shoyu???) I was a bit skeptical of how it would taste.
I used all the ingredients the recipe called for except the umeboshi vinegar (used apple cider) and minced garlic (used garlic powder).

Now- I should know by now, with all the recipes that have proved my initial thoughts to be wrong, that this recipe would be delicious but I was still not sure. So I tried a taste and, of course, it was yummy! I added the seitan to the sauce and it now sits in the fridge until tomorrow night when I finish it up and serve it with noodles.

In the meantime we are going to enjoy a dairy free Amy's pizza!

To be continued...

No comments:

Post a Comment