Sunday, April 25, 2010

Break-Time

So this Barley recipe is just not in the plan these days. Frustrating because I really want to see what it will be like. I have never had hulled barley before and it sounds good but, man if I could get the time and motivation to make it (as I sit here blogging). I am glad that when I initially set up this blog I gave myself the right to live life while cooking through the book. I guess I just didn't realize how much of life I had until I added something else into it!
This week was a barrage of happenings. It will explain my need to hold off on cooking ANYTHING!
1) Car stolen. Yep- stolen. Good news...we stole it back the same day! BUT the situation cause me to lose time at work, make a zillion phone calls and help my man (whose car was stolen) get everything worked out with all involved.
2)Triple workouts (swim, bike, run) on the same day due to loss of workout day (see previous event). Late night. Dinner was popcorn.
3) Earth Day means a trip to the Co-op where I bought some yummy began treats to take on our long weekend (vegan muffins, soy jerky, apples, pita chips, and vegan "Hearts"). Got a fab cloth bag too!
3a) Had to pick up bike from her tune-up.
4) Out of town to see man's sister (she spoke at a local college), my family, and running Crazylegs (8K) Saturday. Time of 42:43!
4a) Trip to Trader Joe's! Many VEGAN goodies and all labeled for my shopping convenience! Eggplant, edamame hummus, frozen veggies, almond butter, bread, etc.
5) Back in town in time to head to friend's birthday party.
6) Tri Clinic (10 mile bike ride)plus ten miles of running!

So- the Barley is in the plan for tomorrow. In the meantime, please let me know what your experiences have been like as a vegan, cooking from the book, or just in life in general!

No comments:

Post a Comment