Sunday, April 11, 2010

Here We Go!!


Radicchio Pizza with Truffle Oil (minus the truffle oil)
I got pretty excited to start this so last night I tallied up the recipes and wrote down what I would need for the first three recipes. I also thought that by starting with the first recipes and working my way to Superhero recipes would make for a delightful transition into the cape!
I went to the local Co-op tonight and got everything I needed minus the umeboshi plum, shoyu, saffron threads, and scallions (I will be looking for those tomorrow as they were not needed for tonight's recipe). I also passed up the truffle oil due to the price (yikes!)

Arrived home, flipped open The Kind Diet, read through the recipe and prepared this VERY easily. I used only half the radicchio since the pizza crust was small and I think I added a bit too much olive oil but it turned out great! I added some grated veggie cheese before putting it in the oven.
The man of the house was very curious...suppose he had never seen anything quite like it- so healthy! He tried a slice then tried another! Loved it! It was very filling and I will be enjoying the leftovers tomorrow for lunch!

Notes for Next Time: Less olive oil. Grate the "cheese" on first, then add the radicchio.

1 comment:

  1. Glad to hear it worked out well even w/out the truffle oil. I think that's one investment I won't be making!

    ReplyDelete