Tuesday, April 13, 2010

Radacchio and Repeat...

I found out what saffron threads are today! They are thread-like (go figure)and make the food orangy in color and a little goes a long way. They are pricey but last a while. The fabulous gal that gave me the info recommended curry instead.
I had all intention to make the Couscous with Saffron tonight but I went to a spin class (Day 2 in my Tri training) and got home late so settled for another Radicchio Pizza. The recipe is so easy and tonight I added soy black beans to give it some flare (and protein). Mighty tasty!
I have yet to figure out a way to keep the toppings in their place. I grated the "cheese" to the bottom, then put the radicchio on that and then added the beans and sprinkled more of the "cheese", thinking it would hold it all together. Nope. But the toppings and crust are so good it doesn't matter. Love it together and love it apart. I didn't take a picture because the pizza looks the same as the other but with black beans.
Couscous tomorrow!!!

1 comment:

  1. I'm guessing you're in the States? as we can't get radicchio here in the UK. I had to make do substituting it for red cabbage which isn't great but it still tasted lovely.

    ReplyDelete